-
August 5th, 2003, 04:37 AM
#1
Inactive Member
how do i record decent sounding phone conversations for video?
-
August 5th, 2003, 05:27 AM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
I've done this before. I actually bought a pre-made kit from a guy who dabbles in all kinds of gadgetry.
Another way to do it is to drop all of your audio frequencies except for one.
-
August 5th, 2003, 09:49 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Yeah, I think the easiest way is to record the actors' dialogue through whatever mic you're using then add the effect in post-production- it's easily done.
-
August 5th, 2003, 01:01 PM
#4
Inactive Member
whatever you do... DON'T try recording it over the phone onto a USB mic.... just don't.... dropping frequencies works pretty good in my tests.. so does a certian seting with fcp's hum remover
-
August 5th, 2003, 08:01 PM
#5
Inactive Member
If you are using premire, just record the audio and put a highpass filter on it, it sounds real decent.
-
August 5th, 2003, 08:51 PM
#6
Inactive Member
You can buy a nice little gadget from Radio Shack.
-
August 6th, 2003, 06:27 AM
#7
HB Forum Moderator
I don't know what the Radio Shack gadget is, but if the frequency response is reduced from the get go, you may have trouble keeping the audio level consistent.
The unit I have "limits" the sound if it gets too loud, and that can reduce the sound's overall clairty when someone's voice rises.
-
August 6th, 2003, 08:23 PM
#8
Inactive Member
what's the gadget from radio shack?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks